Tuesday 2 September 2008

3 mile short run in the rain (or misty drizzle - dry rain?). An opportunity to try the new watch and sunglasses sent over by Wiggle. As per usual with new kit, you look forward to the usage beforehand during work, and then the pain and monotany during the run takes away the gloss of new purchases.

Was it ever not so? Like a toy which does'nt live up to its premise.

I got some cheap sunglasses which have gaps at the top line of the frame so as to give ventilation, I wisely avoided expensive running glasses by considering that the collection of mist inside will always occur no matter what the spin of the branding and advertising. Perhaps I'm missing out by not shopping adidas.

I saw £135 shades with the most brilliant description of anti-mist proofing on the inside. Is it ever wise to invest in something that we only see through?

The rest of my kit adopts a kind of used and bedraggled look but I'd like it to improve. Aiming for the seasoned look but avoiding the old-school cotton shirted 'T' and anything involving campri, bukta or flourescent bum-bags, (that goes for fanny packs too) I'd rather go for shorts than the Ronhill classics, New Balance than Nike (sweatshop issues) and running after work to get away from the place.


Lots of excitement this week due to a countdown to the Bristol Half, lots of participants in the streets wishing they'd done more before. I've chosen to avoid the event due to the slow build-up to April but I cannot help feeling left out - No Matter though.
This is the rainy glaze on the road of the Portway approaching the famous Clifton Suspension Bridge. The Half takes a course around the centre and then out and back along this long road.

No comments: