Wednesday 17 September 2008

Disrupted running this week, boiler broken with consequences of smelly doom.

No hot water so a reliance on Fitness First showers means a re-jigging of routine and not a happy one. Fitness First relies on customers not wanting to improve their fitness but just their aesthetic and cosmetic look.

I tire of people not actually thinking about what is going on inside their lungs, skin, capilaries or arteries but boosting their self-esteem via the act of curling a dumbell in front of a mirror. This phenomenon grows on the monday evening for the populace to diminish as the time approaches friday. This is when the clientele will be frequenting the nightlife of bristol to show off this hard earned "look".

Back to it to burn off the excesses on the monday then.

I don't mind the idiocy too much to want to overtly leave, but it does make me long for my shower at home. I must have joined years ago and cling to the membership (a good rate) due to a fear of injury and a need of rehabilitation through the gym's steppers and cross-trainers. I do wonder though.

2 comments:

Victoria said...

Funny post-- thanks for the link! When is the London marathon?

Marathon Smalls said...

end of april, tis a shame, I had a drinking weekend in the austrian alps the week before - I've had to cancel!